MARKETING MANAGER | CONTENT CREATOR
Communication professional fluent in digital media, with a proven track record in exceeding goals, developing strong internal/external relationships, taking ownership of projects and delivering value. Excellent organizational skills and time management. Self-starter works equally well as leader, team member or independently. Works well in highly competitive businesses. Expert user of Microsoft Office, Google Analytics and other tools. Core competencies include:
|Content Development||Content Management||Content Strategy|
|Web Publishing||Digital Communications||Digital Marketing|
|SEO||Cross Collaboration||Data Visualization|
|Editorial Planning||Website Management||Social Media|
CISCO SYSTEMS Inc., Herndon, VA 2016 – 2017
Collaborated with Cisco colleagues to completely revamp U.S. Federal marketing plan into a customer-first, digital-centric approach. Developed digital communications content including white papers, PowerPoint presentations, radio ad scripts, eBooks, banner ads, social media messaging, blog posts and more for Cisco´s U.S. Federal Government marketing team. Guided graphic design teams to achieve desired look and brand compliance.
- Create or oversee creation of all content for the US Federal Marketing organization. Digital-first strategy ensures digital content takes precedence; take leadership of projects to ensure timely and accurate delivery of product.
- Cross-collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure content is aligned with strategy and goals; each piece plays a role in enhancing Cisco’s brand.
- Collaborate with external agencies to create graphic design for assets.
- Assist in the planning and strategy of communications designed to support U.S. Federal agency-related customers.
- Identify content and digital best practices, programs and initiatives based on federal market conditions.
- Use all appropriate digital channels to promote and disseminate content.
- Apply SEO strategy to digital content.
- Lead team of volunteer blog writers to maintain a steady cadence of new blog posts; write posts myself; ghostwrite to create presence for senior executives; create and manage blog editorial calendar.
- Design web pages to contain updated content and current offers.
- Assist in social media campaigns to promote assets.
- Incorporate trend analysis data into content planning.
- Adapt many existing assets from other verticals to fit the federal market’s needs.
- Stay flexible and creative as any given day includes work on multiple projects, changes of plan and demand for innovation.
- Helped revamp marketing plan to keep Cisco visible in the market despite severe budgetary constraints.
- Our content consistently outperformed competitors in Google search due to effective SEO.
- Saved department an estimated $150,000 to $200,000 in one year by providing expertise and content work that would otherwise have been outsourced.
- Oversaw creation of lead generation asset that resulted in 104 qualified leads, outperforming goal.
- Redesigned Cisco Federal website to promote launch of The Network. Intuitive. Refreshed pages with all-new content and links to assets.
- Helped develop persona messaging guidelines.
- Adapted two major Cisco cybersecurity reports into Federal Government versions; used original survey data to develop new information relevant to the vertical.
SIGHTLINE MEDIA GROUP, LLC, Vienna, VA 2013 – 2016
CUSTOM EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
Conceived and executed special projects. Delivered promised ad impressions or sales leads for sponsors through social media, search and email marketing. Reported, wrote and edited content.
- Developed and designed landing pages and special topic pages designed to show content to maximum effect. Published content to these pages, including text, video and infographics.
- Developed online multimedia reports (packages comprised of articles, video and infographics about a single topic.)
- Met with clients to develop requirements and provide progress updates.
- Exceeded lead generation commitments on all promoted white papers.
- Conceived, developed and managed “Critical Risk,” an online multimedia report on the critical infrastructure. Project involved five writers, two videographers and dozens of interviews. Drove 12,500 page views in first year.
- Managed web sites for Federal Times and C4ISRNet.
- Managed CMS and published all digital editorial content. Applied email marketing and social media presence to promote sponsored assets.
- Reported, wrote and edited content.
- Used intranet to share content internally.
- Developed landing pages and special topic pages designed to show content to maximum effect. Published content to these pages, including text, video and infographics.
- Developed microsite for Federal Retirement University, and managed content. FRU provides information on retirement programs for federal employees.
1105 MEDIA, Inc., Vienna, VA 2003 – 2013
ONLINE MANAGING EDITOR
Managed Federal Computer Week´s website, fcw.com, directed daily editorial flow; wrote and edited articles; designed and sent daily e-newsletter; posted to social media; tracked analytics.
- From 2008-2013, managed all editorial aspects of FCW.com; edited and published articles; maintained steady flow of new content; used social media and e-newsletter for promotion.
- As reporter (2003-2008), covered procurement, networking, telecommunications and more.
MARKETING FREELANCE 2007-2016
Ghostwrote bylined articles for executives in healthcare, technology and other fields. Managed blogs and social media. Edited books for publication. Clients included Michael Smith Business Development, Nancy Rose and Associates and New Society Publishers.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF CONTINUING STUDIES
BA, COMMUNICATION ARTS
UNIVERSITY OF WEST FLORIDA